Friday, August 17, 2007

Summer ends, and not a moment too soon!

I know my blog has been woefully neglected as of late, but that should change soon as I'm now offically on maternity leave. The preceeding six weeks were, to be honest, quite hellish. The school was in full summer-session swing, and that meant my workload increased tremendously just as my energy levels were starting to decline. However, it's over now and I won't be teaching again until sometime next year. As much as I love my students, I have to say it will be good to have an extended break, something I haven't had in awhile.

I have another reason for choosing to blog today. I wanted my readers to know the Multicultural Living magazine has published an article about my school. Multicultural Living is a beautifully formatted online magazine with articles dealing with issues such as bilingual/multilingual education and lifestyles, living abroad, and cultural differences. There are book and product reviews, recipes, interviews, Q&A columns and features. My article, which is titled "Bringing Bilingual Education to China's Youth: Helping children learn to love a new language" is in the September/October issue, the education issue. A subscription to the magazine costs 12 dollars a year and you can read more about it at www.bilingualfamily.org . It is fully worth it, I promise you.

As for me, I'll update again soon, but in the meantime, do check out the website and consider subscribing to Multicultural Living.

3 comments:

Perogyo said...

I'm subscribing just to see you!

Enjoy your mat leave! Mine's almost over but I have enjoyed every minute of it, probably because I know that it's temporary. Hope you're the same!

Anonymous said...

I've read the article. Your school sounds great .. good luck :D!

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how we as human beings are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4i[/url] DS Qezv2)